FRIENDS of the
SAN DIEGO REGGIO ROUNDTABLE
Purpose: As a FRIEND of the San Diego Reggio Roundtable, you are encouraged to be part of a learning community where new ideas can be shared and explored, and where questions and wonderings about Reggio inspired practices are welcome.
Benefits: As a FRIEND of the SDRRT, you will have the opportunity and be encouraged to participate and have a voice in the organization:
*To serve on committees of the SDRRT.
*To participate in a Friends Only Page in networking opportunities with other members and community participants.
*To attend events of the Reggio Roundtable at a discounted rate.
*To express your opinions regarding the workings of the SDRRT.
*To receive discount registration fees at select paid events.
*To receive free job postings for yourself or your center.
Membership Fee for being a Friend: $25 per person/ year*. Anyone joining between now and end of the year will get benefits for the rest of 2017 and all of 2018.
In the future, Friends dues will be due January of each year and end December 31. People joining between Jan- October 31 will have to also pay dues for the following year. People joining in November or December will get the next year included with the $25 fee.
NOVEMBER 4 WORKSHOP:
Lines that Wander, An Exploration of Techniques and Possibilities
- How does line support an authentic and contextual exploration of literacy or mathematics?
- How does an exploration of line support building community and promote understanding of multiple perspectives?
- How do you introduce the many types of line tools into a classroom? ▪
- How do you take a line for a walk?
- How do different types of line tools support observation, problem solving, gesture, reflection, impression and magical thinking?
- How do you introduce many different techniques of drawing?
- When are gestural, observational, representational, drawing to learn and narrative drawing intoduced to the children?
Featuring: Patricia Hunter-McGrath and Christina Bianchi (bios here )
When: Saturday, November 4, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Where: Liberty Station Conference Center
2600 Laning Rd.
San Diego, CA 92106
Cost: $67 for FRIENDS and $75 non-members (includes lunch)