- Introduction to Persona Dolls
- How To Integrate Literacy Into The Classroom
- Preparing to Return to School in the Time of COVID-19
Introduction to Persona Dolls – A Virtual Workshop
Thursday 5/28/2020 7:00pm to 8:30pm $30 Please click here to register
Presented by: Jill Adamson and Berenice Vallejo
In this online workshop we will talk about how to use persona dolls to expand social emotional curriculum in the classroom. We have found persona dolls to be an extremely engaging and effective part of the curriculum. Persona dolls are used to bring up challenging topics, big and small, that children deal with on a regular basis. These dolls mirror the lives of children in the class and play out different scenarios that children regularly encounter. Children get to know each of the dolls and they become a part of the life of the class.
This workshop will cover:
- What are persona dolls?
- How are they different from dramatic play dolls?
- Why do we use persona dolls?
- How do we choose the dolls?
- How do we create their identities to reflect the cultural and social context of the community?
- Where do you keep persona dolls in the classroom?
- When do you use persona dolls?
During the workshop, we will recreate different persona doll scenarios that reflect important topics that come up in a children’s lives including:
- First Day of School
- New Baby
- Acts of Kindness
How To Integrate Literacy Into The Classroom – A Hands on and Virtual Workshop
6/10/2020 7:00pm to 8:30pm $30 Please click here to register
Presented by Franceska Schifrin and Berenice Vallejo
In this workshop we will explore the many ways literacy can be integrated into the classroom and the home. Join us as we consider how we use the many aspects of literacy to support collaboration, grow a love for words and poetic language, engage all learners and connect children in deeper relationships to each other and the world. These are only a few of the many resources that will be included in this workshop:
Together we will explore:
- How can literacy support collaboration?
- What are Key Words?
- How can songs and games support literacy?
- What are Story Book Journals?
- How to support in-depth and on-going narratives.
- How to keep letter writing engaging for learners of all types.
- How can literacy support personal and emotional growth in young children?
- How can we utilize literacy to support children during this time of the COVID-19 Virus?
For those of you who missed our webinar Education in the Time of Coronavirus here is the full length video: https://vimeo.com/418278556 Our follow up webinar:
Preparing to Return to School in the Time of COVID-19
Wednesday, 6/3/2020 7:30PM-9:30PM PST.
This is a free webinar Please click here to register
Also, we have a free Watercolor and Collage course for you. Please feel free to share this with your colleagues and families.
I am so very excited and happy to have finally created my first online course for parents and teachers! This course covers an Introduction to Watercolors and Mixed Media Collage with Young Children.
This is my gift to you for being the amazing, dedicated educators and parents that you are. It is free! Go to the following link and sign in to Teachable and enjoy. Share with parents and teachers you know.
The more creative we all are during times like this, the better. Pass on the love! And if you have a moment, please leave us some feedback at the end of the course.
Branches Atelier On-Line https://branches-atelier-on-line.teachable.com
Much love to you all,