- Branches Atelier is committed to creating high-quality, creative, dynamic, educational programs for children, families and educators. We are a social constructivist program, inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education.
- A Sense Of Wonder A Sense Of Place exhibit A Community Exhibit created and inspired by the Children of Blueberry Atelier (now Branches Atelier), it’s educators, director, parents, families, friends and neighbors. This is a traveling exhibit which has been in the Natural History Museum (Los Angeles, CA), The Santa Monica Bay Woman’s Club (Santa Monica,CA), Portland Children’s Museum (Portland, Oregon), California Association of Young Children (Long Beach, CA), Mar Vista Municipal Building (Mar Vista, CA).
Patricia’s TED TALKS picks
- Ann Cooper Talks about School Lunches Speaking at the 2007 EG conference, “renegade lunch lady” Ann Cooper talks about the coming revolution in the way kids eat at school — local, sustainable, seasonal and even educational food.
- Jamie Oliver Sharing powerful stories from his anti-obesity project in Huntington, W. Va., TED Prize winner Jamie Oliver makes the case for an all-out assault on our ignorance of food.
- Ken Robinson Says Schools Kill Creativity Sir Ken Robinson makes an entertaining and profoundly moving case for creating an education system that nurtures (rather than undermines) creativity
- Sir Ken Robinson Changing Education Paradigms This animate was adapted from a talk given at the RSA by Sir Ken Robinson, world-renowned education and creativity expert and recipient of the RSA’s Benjamin Franklin award.
- Sir Ken Robinson “Bring on the Revolution” In this poignant, funny follow-up to his fabled 2006 talk, Sir Ken Robinson makes the case for a radical shift from standardized schools to personalized learning — creating conditions where kids’ natural talents can flourish.
- Want to get your kids into college? Let them play CNN.com(CNN) — Every day where we work, we see our young students struggling with the transition from home to school. They’re all wonderful kids, but some can’t share easily or listen in a group.
- Children and Nature NetworkThe Children & Nature Network (C&NN) was created to encourage and support the people and organizations working nationally and internationally to reconnect children with nature. The network provides a critical link between researchers and individuals, educators and organizations dedicated to children’s health and well-being.
- Richard Louv Last Child In The Woods A compilation of helpful resources for parents, teachers, and community leaders to help them encourage children’s enjoyment of the great outdoors.