Branches Atelier March Reggio Workshops:
Hands on immersive, interactive workshops for educators and parents.
1) The Atelier of Taste: Exploring the Language of Food
(A hands-on workshop) $100.00
Sunday, March 3rd 9am to 3pm
Presented by Branches Teacher Becky Zlotoff
Join us for a very special workshop! We will start this workshop at the Mar Vista Farmers Market on Grand View at Venice Blvd at 9am, then we will continue our workshop back at Branches. This workshop will include the cost of lunch that we will create together plus a cutting board, knife and bowl
When we return to Branches participants will learn:
- What is the language of food?
- What are slow foods?
- What are the techniques and tools of tasting?
- How does the exploration of food extend and deepen children’s poetic language?
- How is food integrated in other areas of curriculum?
- How are different flavor combinations introduced to the children?
- How are herbs and spices introduced to the children?
- What is the current research on children and healthy eating?
- How does our local community support the children’s connection to food?
- What role do parents play in creating community through community lunches?
- What is an atelier of taste?
2) Exploring Literacy in a Reggio Inspired Classroom
(A hands-on workshop) $75.00
Saturday, March 16th 9am to 3pm
Presented by Patricia Hunter McGrath
- How is literacy integrated throughout the classroom?
- How are storybook journals introduced to the children?
- How does the use of story expand, deepen and extend the curriculum?
- How does poetry and poetic language support the children’s creativity and imagination?
- How are the techniques of poetry introduced to the children and parents?
- Why do we support a culture of oral storytelling?
- What are the techniques of oral storytelling?
- Why do children weave archetypes throughout their storytelling?
- How can parents support literacy at home?
These workshops will be held at our beautiful new campus in Culver City and will include a tour of our school!
Click here to preregister
Click here to download the flyer
Click here to download the registration form