Two-Day Intensive for Administrators, Support Staff and Teachers on Developing Your School’s Values that will Enrich its Culture.
August 26-27, 2015 in Montecito, California at Casa de Maria retreat center.
- How can you build a strong school with clearly defined values unique to your cultural setting?
- Are your values built into your curriculum, staff development and decision-making process?
- Are your school values in alignment or in conflict with your own?
- Are you working from your values or buried under the work of the day and find yourself making quick decisions rather than reflective ones?
- With constant turn over in staff, parents and children do you worry about how you can build continuity year after year?
Your core values can be used to guide, deepen and support the culture of your school. These values can be integrated throughout the school and written into the foundation of your program.
Please join us for an Evolutionary Education workshop led by Director of Branches Atelier, Patricia Hunter-McGrath, along with Matt Auron and Geoff Graber of Evolution.
This training works through three dimensions: the individual; the team/organization; and the operational systems and structures. By aligning all dimensions, a holistic framework is formed that supports the development and actualization of your school’s unique offering for children, families, and teachers.
The two-day workshop includes storytelling, group dialog and creative experiences through materials while exploring and developing relationships with team members and peers. While we encourage entire admin teams to attend, the workshop is also suited for individuals.
Key program elements include:
- Development of individual and school values
- Emotional and social intelligence
- Creating a purposeful, values-driven program
- Communication and conflict management skills
- Effective team leadership processes
- Creating a dynamic and supportive culture for development
- Effective staff development and management processes
- Understanding organizational management processes
Patricia Hunter McGrath is the Executive Director/Atelierista of Branches Atelier in Culver City, California. Over the past 15 years she has developed an innovated early childhood program inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach. From 2005 to 2007 Patricia developed the role of the Atelierista at Bold Park Community School in Perth, Australia. From 1998 to 2005 she was the Atelierista at Evergreen Community School where she developed a unique approach to children’s symbolic languages. Using clay, wire, paint, dance, etc. children enter into relationship with the materials and express, clarify and modify their ideas and theories. She also taught at the Growing Place in Santa Monica for 7 years. Patricia is an artist and has over 20 years experience in Early Childhood Education. Patricia has taught the Reggio Emilia Class at Santa Monica College and at Murdoch University in Perth, Australia.
Patricia graduated with a Master’s degree in Human development from Pacific Oaks College in Pasadena, California. She also speaks at conferences throughout the United States and abroad and has visited Reggio Emilia, Italy six times. She is also a contributing author of the book In the Spirit of the Atelier published by Davis Press and Insights and Inspiration from Reggio Emilia also published by Davis Press.
Matt Auron is a dynamic presenter, coach and thought leader in the field of human and organization development. Matt leads the development and delivery of Evolution’s cutting edge coaching, culture and leadership development practices.
Matt formerly worked with DaVita HealthCare Partners, a highly progressive and culture-focused Fortune 500 healthcare company as Senior Director and Global Lead on their Wisdom Team. There, Matt served as the steward for the culture globally, developing leaders, and facilitating change through coaching, facilitation, and training. Matt’s team was awarded Training magazine’s “Top 125” award for the five years he helped lead it.
Prior to DaVita, Matt worked as an Organizational Effectiveness Consultant at the ground-breaking Los Angeles Universal Preschool (LAUP), which coaches and supports early childhood education across Los Angeles County. Prior to LAUP, Matt worked with a variety of boutique consultants and designed and began delivering his own coaching model based on the work of Ken Wilber and Integral Theory.
Matt has been trained and mentored by luminaries in the field of organization development such as Peter Block, Chris Worley and Edie and Charles Seashore. And is trained and certified in a variety of leadership assessments.
As an author, Matt has published articles in both academic, peer-reviewed journals as well as trade magazines such as Training and Development. He has been a regular presenter at the Organization Development Network annual conference. Matt holds a Master’s degree in Organization Development (MSOD) from Pepperdine University where his thesis research was focused on building trust in groups.
Geoff Graber: As a coach and thought partner for CEOs, Geoff combines his 20-plus year career as an entrepreneur and executive with a passion for supporting others in life, leadership and business. He founded Evolution to support extraordinary leaders and organizations fulfill their potential as world-enriching entities.
Geoff started his career in coaching and leadership consulting in 2006 with Axialent, where he received hands-on training and mentorship from some of the world’s top coaches, including founder, Fred Kofman, author of “Conscious Business”” and organizational culture guru, Carolyn Taylor, author of “Walking the Talk.” He left Axialent two years later to start an enterprise coaching software firm, Scout OnDemand. Scout, which won awards as a top HR software product, is currently deployed at a number of Fortune 500 corporations, including Intel, Whirlpool, and Pfizer. Scout was acquired by leading enterprise coaching provider, CoachSource.
Prior to moving to coaching, Geoff launched and led a number of technology businesses. He launched the first video games company in China with Electronic Arts (EA), and led Yahoo! Games to become the world’s largest games website. In addition to Scout and Evolution, Geoff has founded and led two other businesses—Muse Corporation (a 3D social media software platform); and IQI Accessories (a maker of innovative laptop accessories)—and served as the CEO for another venture-backed startup. Geoff began his career in finance, first at the venture capital and private equity arm of Bank of America and later at IDG Capital Partners, the first VC in China.
Geoff graduated with honors from UCLA in East Asian Studies and Business. He has also studied in Taiwan, at the East-West Center at University of Hawaii, and at the California Institute of Integral Studies.
- August 26-27, 2015 in Montecito, California at Casa de Maria retreat center. Starts August 26 at 10am, with arrivals beginning at 9am. Ends August 27 at 1pm.
- $650 for singles; $600 for doubles; $550 for triples (Price includes lodging and four meals)
- Suitable for individuals or teams, space limited to 36 people.
- For questions about logistics, please contact Shelley Lozdon at Shelley@evo-lu-tion.com
- For program questions, please contact Patricia Hunter-McGrath at Patricia@branchesatelier.com or Geoff Graber at Geoff@evo-lu-tion.com
- Your place is held with full payment. Fees are non-refundable but are transferrable if necessary.
- Payment can be made by check or PayPal. Please make checks to:
Evolution Service Corp.
4265 Mildred Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Or Send PayPal payment to email@example.com