The Environment as the Third Teacher
Presented by: Patricia Hunter McGrath – Executive Director of Branches Atelier
When: Saturday, November 14th 8:30am – 12:30pm
Where: The Third Place- Ventana School – Christ Episcopal Church – Graham Hall – 1040 Border Road, Los Altos, CA
12:30 – 1:30 Open Classrooms – Tour Ventana School classrooms and see the beautiful Reggio environments and project based learning.
Join Reggio Educator and Atelierista, Patricia Hunter McGrath, for a fun and playful morning learning about the different elements of a Reggio inspired, project-based, environment. She will cover the following:
- How does the environment support individual and group experiences?
- How can the function of an atelier be incorporated into the classroom?
- What are the organizational considerations?
- How are materials introduced into the classroom?
- How do the materials we fill our classrooms with and the curriculum we follow support our children?
- How can our environment be a source for inspiration, creativity and long-term projects?
Patricia Hunter McGrath is the Executive Director/Atelierista of Branches Atelier in Culver City, California. Patricia has taught the Reggio Emilia Class at Santa Monica College and at Murdoch University in Perth, Australia. She is a frequent presenter at Reggio conferences throughout the United States and abroad and has visited Reggio Emilia, Italy six times. She is also a contributing author of the book In the Spirit of the Atelier published by Davis Press and Insights and Inspiration from Reggio Emilia also published by Davis Press.
8:30 – 9:00am – Continental Breakfast, coffee and tea
9:00 – 12:00pm – Environments Workshop
12:00 – 12:30pm – Lunch provided
12:30 – 1:30pm – Tour of Ventana Environments
Ticket Sales: Tickets are limited to 30 participants!
For ticket sales: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-environment-as-the-third-teacher-tickets-19334036624
$65 advanced purchase, $80 at the door
Questions? Please contact Andrea Campanella
650 – 948 – 2121 at Ventana School