We still have some seats available in our last workshop of our Winter / Spring series.
INTEGRATING CHARACTERS INTO OUR CLASSROOM: A LONG TERM INVESTIGATION OF STORYTELLING IN THE CLASSROOM
Saturday, May 11th, 2019 9am to 3pm Cost: $75
Please click here for the registration form
Presented by Berenice Vallejo and Christina Bianchi
Part of the fascination with the bad guy/good guy game, is that the children are exploring the concept of power; who has it, and how it gets used. In our current charged culture, teachers and parents grapple with the ideas of power as expressed in children’s play. In this workshop we explore one classes’ avenues of inquiry in this important exploration of power in our classroom and our society as we continue to support children’s understanding of the importance of being a part of the community. Together we will consider:
- How can close examination of “bad guys” and their power dynamics lead to a deeper understanding of children’s behavior?
- How can investigations of character travel through a wide range of two dimensional and 3-d materials?
- How can we support storytelling through new technological tools?
- How does storytelling become a tool for collaboration?
- How can storytelling in classrooms be used to change the dominant narratives in our culture?
Can anyone confirm if I’m registered for this workshop . I sent payment in but didn’t get confirmation. Please advise
Sent from my iPhone