Branches Atelier is an innovative, dynamic Reggio inspired preschool with a home-like quality, nestled in a beautiful campus in Culver City, California. We are looking for an energetic, passionate, hard-working, creative, warm, friendly, nurturing, and self-motivated teacher to join our Reggio-inspired learning community. This part-time preschool teaching position would be for 16 hours per week starting in our afternoon preschool as a support teacher and may lead to a permanent full-time teaching position. Hours from around 1 pm to 5 pm Monday to Thursday. We would also like the candidate to be available to sub as needed.
This position is a wonderful way to get to know our program and for you to find out if you would like to join our Branches community.
Through, classes, conferences, and staff seminars, we offer our teachers ongoing professional development in a wide range of areas of interest to support a life long learning in progressive education.
Our teachers also have the unique opportunity to work directly with educators Reggio Emilia several times a year. Our relationship with the schools of Reggio Emilia allows us to offer outstanding professional development for all of our teachers.
With Branches teaching experience, many of our teachers are able to present nationally and internationally on our unique approach to education.
Prospective applicants should have a strong child development background, and at least two years of early childhood experience, a minimum of 24 ECE units, however, a BA in ECE or related field is preferred, We are willing to consider a teacher who holds their teacher permit with 2 to 4 years experience.
All Applicants must have:
- A passion for teaching and life long learning.
- An interest in learning Branches philosophy and values.
- A commitment to developing a strong and dynamic learning community for children and parents.
- Knowledge experience with social constructivism and the Reggio approach.
- An interest in using creative materials with young children.
- Strong collaborative and communication skills.
- Openness for feedback and self-reflection.
- An innovative, curious, creative and open mind.
- A genuine passion and commitment to quality education for children.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Flexible with a disposition towards problem-solving.
If you are interested in this position, please visit our website at www.branchesatelier.com so you can learn about our school.
Proceed by submitting a cover letter to Patricia@BranchesAtelier.com that explains
- why you are interested in working with us
- why you became a teacher
- what kind of person you are
- what are your interests
- what brings you joy.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour