Presented by Patricia Hunter McGrath and Branches Atelier
I hope you are all doing well during this unusual time.
At Branches, we have been able to move all of our infant and toddler parenting classes and preschool classes from our classrooms to online learning. Together with our Branches staff, we have developed a daily online live curriculum and extracurricular classes for all of our Branches children and families. Now that we are starting to adapt to this new situation, I thought it might be useful to share what we have been learning with you.
With this in mind, I would like to invite you to join our Branches staff and myself for a free online seminar. You are welcome to invite anyone who might be interested to sign up. Parents and teachers welcome!
Education in the Time of Coronavirus
Tuesday, 12 May, from 7:30 pm to 9 pm
During this seminar, we will share our strategies and learning with you and cover the following topics:
- How to talk to children about Covid 19 using persona dolls
- What role schools can play in supporting families during the Coronavirus lockdown
- How we engage children in online learning
- How we can help children stay connected to their friends, families, and teachers
- How we support our parents
- How to design curriculum and experiences that keep children connected and learning during this challenging time
- Materials we offer the children to support their learning at home
- What is Fun Friday?
- How we create an ongoing dialogue with our families that informs our curriculum and helps us move forward as a community
To further support your learning during this time, I will also be releasing a free online course which will cover an introduction to watercolors and collage. Feel free to share this resource with colleagues and parents. The more creativity during this time of uncertainty the better!
Please sign up through Eventbrite and we will send you the link and password for the seminar.
I look forward to seeing you all online soon!
Tricia and the Branches Atelier Team