Hands on immersive, interactive workshops for educators and parents.
These workshops will be the first to be held at our beautiful new campus in Culver City and will include a tour of our school!
1) An Introduction to the Reggio Approach(A hands-on workshop) When: Sunday, August 26th, 9am to 3pm Where: Branches Atelier, Culver City Presented by Patricia Hunter McGrath
- What is the Reggio approach?
- How does the environments act as a third teacher?
- What is the Hundred Languages of Children?
- What is the role of the teacher?
- How are parents in partnership with the school?
- What is an atelier?
- What is the role of an Atelierista and Pedogogista?
- What are the organizational structures that support this work?
- How is documentation used to support children’s teachers and parent learning?
2) Creating a Culture of Community: Starting the Year with Intention.Repeat Due to Popular Demand! Presented by Patricia Hunter McGrath When: Saturday September 8th, 9am to 3pm Where: Branches Atelier, Culver City
- How do we welcome new families into our schools?
- How do we create classrooms that embrace children and parents?
- How do we develop share values among teachers, parents and children?
- How to we design classrooms to reflect our community?
- How do we create a school that is inclusive?
- How is documentation used to create a culture of interconnections?