Branches Atelier and Safely Ever After present :
“An Ounce of Prevention”
A Safety Presentation for Parents and Caregivers
By Pattie Fitzgerald, founder of Safely Ever After
When: Wednesday April 30th, 2014 7:oo PM
Where: The Westchester Community Room
7166 W. Manchester Ave. Westchester, CA 90045
Cost: $50 per person
Learn how to keep your family safe with effective, child-friendly language and concepts… in a non-fearful manner!
Presented in an upbeat style with a positive approach, this comprehensive safety presentation has been successfully presented at schools, community organizations, and Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States.
This topic covers speaking to and empowering your children to protect themselves against “tricky” people/sexual predators.
- The Super-Ten “Safe-Smarts” Rules for Kids and Grownups
- How a parent can recognize a “Tricky Person”
- 10 Prevention Strategies for pro-active parents
- 12 Most Common Lures & Tricks a Predator Uses a.k.a. “beating ‘em at their own game”
- 15 Red Flags and Warning Signs
- Parent Guidelines & language for talking to children in an effective, non-fearful manner
- The myth of “stranger-danger”
- Identifying the Grooming Tricks of a child predator BEFORE he strikes
- Protecting kids from people they: “know, don’t know, or know just a little bit”
- Establishing appropriate personal boundaries for those who interact with your children
- Information on Megan’s Law in California
*Pattie Fitzgerald is recognized as a leading expert in the field of childhood sexual abuse prevention. She is a former preschool teacher and certified Child Visitation Monitor, in addition to her certification as a Child Safety Educator and Level One Agent through the National Security Alliance/Kid-Safe Network. Pattie has also worked as the original Community Outreach Educator for the national child advocacy agency, Parents For Megan’s Law. In 2007, Pattie became a guest instructor for the Los Angeles Sheriff’s M.E.R.I.T. program and her workshops and curriculum are used at schools throughout the United States. She has been featured on Good Morning America, ABC World News, CNN Headline News, MSNBC, and local Los Angeles television and radio news programs. Pattie is also the author of the recently published children’s book, “NO TRESPASSING – THIS IS MY BODY!” which has received strong praise from pediatricians, parents and educators across the country. She is a member of the American Professional Society On The Abuse of Children and the International Society of Crime Prevention Practitioners.