Through images and learning stories, Patricia and Christina will share how we have adapted our classrooms, materials and, curriculum to support children’s emotional and social connections during physical distancing.
Together we will explore:
- How can we see COVID-19 constraints as opportunities for creative problem solving and new possibilities?
- How can we create engaged and connected classrooms by interesting spaces and engaging environments?
- How can we engage children in collaborative learning while maintaining physical distancing?
- How can we create interactive setups that encourage collaborative learning and collaboration?
- How can we help children still build empathetic and connected relationships with their teachers and peers?
- What materials can support the connection and problem solving between children?
- How do we create an environment that supports self-directed, engaged learning?
- How can positive psychology be used to create warm and joyful classrooms?
- How can children help create classroom agreements to keep everyone safe?
Introduction to Creating Online Extracurriculars
A Hands-On and Virtual Workshop
Wednesday 7/1/2020 6:30pm to 8:00pm $30 Please click here to register
Presented by Franceska Schifrin
In this workshop we will discuss how to use extracurricular activities at home, to create a base for children learning to use materials, develop self-confidence, and expand and extend the classroom curriculum. We will include numerous hands-on and how – to demonstrations that can be done with simple materials from the home.
These are some of the topics this workshop will cover:
- What are extracurricular activities?
- Why is it important for children to have fun?
- How can extracurricular activities develop independence and self-confidence?
- How can extracurriculars expand social and emotional awareness?
- How can these activities encourage dialogue and understanding of environmental responsibilities?
- How can extracurricular activities become a bridge between home and school in this time of Covid-19?
- What is the role of the parent in the extracurricular experience?
- Numerous how -to demonstrations that can be presented virtually to children.
- A materials list for educators to consider.
All workshops will be presented via Zoom and tickets are to be purchased via EventBrite