Lines that Wander:
An Exploration of Techniques and Possibilities New!
Saturday, March 18th 9am to 3pm A hands-on workshop $75
Presented by Patricia Hunter McGrath and Christina Bianchi
- How does line support an authentic and contextual exploration of literacy or mathematics?
- How does an exploration of line support building community and promote understanding of multiple perspectives?
- How do you introduce the many types of line tools into a classroom?
- How do you take a line for a walk?
- How do different types of line tools support observation, problem solving, gesture, reflection, impression and magical thinking?
- How do you introduce many different techniques of drawing?
- When are gestural, observational, representational, drawing to learn and narrative drawing intoduced to the children?
A Look Into The Big City Group:
Developing Ideas and Representing Plans Through a Wide Range of Materials and Media New!
Saturday, April 22nd 9am to 3pm A hands-on workshop $75
Presented Sivan Perets
- How does investigative work with children unfold?
- How does exposure to a variety of materials expand and deepen children’s thinking?
- How does thinking about cultural context unveil social responsibility?
- How does hands on work promote an investigative mindset?
- What can children learn from each other regarding their differing perspectives within this type of work?
- How can challenges within the work present valuable learning opportunities for discovery?
- How do children develop ideas in a group context?
- How are literacy, blocks, clay, drawing and math threaded through this exploration?
- What are the organizational structures that support small group work?
- What classroom strategies support and develop collaboration
To Secure a space please download the registration form and mail your payment to:
Branches Atelier 11359 W. Washington Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90066