Introduction to Creating Online Extracurriculars
Wednesday 7/1/2020 6:30pm to 8:00pm $30 Please click here to register
Presented by Franceska Schifrin
In this workshop we will discuss how to use extracurricular activities at home, to create a base for children learning to use materials, develop self-confidence, and expand and extend the classroom curriculum. We will include numerous hands-on and how – to demonstrations that can be done with simple materials from the home.
These are some of the topics this workshop will cover:
- What are extracurricular activities?
- Why is it important for children to have fun?
- How can extracurricular activities develop independence and self-confidence?
- How can extracurriculars expand social and emotional awareness?
- How can these activities encourage dialogue and understanding of environmental responsibilities?
- How can extracurricular activities become a bridge between home and school in this time of Covid-19?
- What is the role of the parent in the extracurricular experience?
- Numerous how -to demonstrations that can be presented virtually to children.
- A materials list for educators to consider.
All workshops will be presented via Zoom and tickets are to be purchased via EventBrite